Nike, Inc. based in Beaverton, Oregon, is the world’s leading designer, marketer and distributor of authentic athletic footwear, apparel, and equipment for a wide variety of sports and fitness activities.
Nike’s mission – “To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.”
– Bill Bowerman
* If you have a body, you are an athlete.
The nature of the work is focused on the development and production of footwear products. Works functionally across the footwear categories using existing or new technology, platforms and engineering principles to support the creation and manufacturing of product for consumers.
- Partner with Category and factory engineering to resolve quality issues and drive process improvements and manufacturing stability at the factory level.
- Provide technical information and training to NLO and Factory teams to drive product excellence and continuous improvement.
- Capture, document, implement, and update Global Product Engineering Standards and Category Best Practices
- Drive the evolution and refinement of technical training for product creation and manufacturing.
- Consult with Innovation and Deployment Engineering to assess and integrate innovation, modernization, and automation process requirements at the country level.
- Provide relevant functional support to Category Engineering for product creation and manufacturing
- Consult with category engineering to maximize material and manufacturing efficiency.
- Identify, advise, and implement machinery and process standards for global application.
- Evaluate factory performance using current state engineering metrics.
- Drive functional engineering tooling initiatives as assigned by EOD/DPE.
- College Degree in related technical/engineering field. Additional experience required in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 8 years experience in a footwear engineering technical capacity to include pattern engineering, development and production.
- Demonstrated depth of knowledge of footwear engineering and manufacturing processes.
- General knowledge of mold engineering required. Must be familiar with footwear materials and machinery. Computer proficiency including 2D and 3D CAD/CAM preferred. Procam and Cadkey knowledge preferred
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to provide guidance and advice within an area of expertise. Sensitive to differing cultures, customs and business practices.
- Able to communicate well in both English and Bahasa Indonesia